Hello religious education family and friends,
I am back from an amazing vacation and want to say thank you to each of you who helped keep things rolling while I was away! Especially Cat Lyons- I don’t think I could have left if not for her!
My apologies for the delay on our March Nuus. Here it is!
In this post:
- Families Tuugether- Saturday, March 12th
- Senior Youth Worship – Sunday, March 13th
- Pancake Breakfast- Palm Sunday, March 20th
- Easter Sunday & Egg Hunt
- Social Justice opportunities for families in March- Empty Bowls!
- Fair Trade Coffee/Tea Sale- Attn: 5th-8th graders! April 3rd
- Senior Youth Appalachia group potluck- April 3rd
- Save the dates:
- Family movie night- April 23rd at 4:30 pm
- Mother’s day hanging flower plant sale! During both services, May 8th
- Beach Clean-up: May 14th
- Bridging (High School graduating seniors): June 5th at 10am
- South Church Yard sale in Early JUNE!
Open to children 8 months through Sixth grade, Families Tuugether is a popular program for families of young kids; an opportunity for parents to reconnect and to recharge. Offered monthly during the church year starting in October, children are dropped off at South Church at 4:30pm with a potluck dish to share (Ready to serve, please.), and parents head up to the sanctuary for a short group gathering before heading out to enjoy some quite time. Children will strengthen friendships, enjoy a movie, and play fun games. Parents return to get their child no later than 8pm. Please note: Families MUST RSVP if they plan to come to this event, so that we are able to meet the staffing needs. Program is be closed after 25 children register, to ensure we have a safe and fun event.
Family Social Justice Opportunities in March:
- Empty Bowls at Portsmouth Middle School~ Thursday, March 31st, 5:00-8:00pm – This is a great event supporting the Seacoast Family Food Pantry also offers the added benefit of handling dinner for you and your family that night! Hope to see you there– here’s the facebook link for more details: https://www.facebook.com/events/501919849979004/
For those youth who have committed to this year’s service learning trip to War, West Virginia. We will be holding our third planning meeting on April 3rd at 5:30. Parents and youth should plan to be there. I will email with more information as the date nears.
- Family Movie Night: April 23rd at 4:30 pm– This is going to be fun! The REC (religious education council) is hosting this evening of fun and bonding for South Church families. We’ll be showing the film: ‘UP’ and stopping a few times to reflect a connect the film’s themes with our own church conversations. This will be an evening not to miss! Stay tuned for details..
- Mother’s day hanging flower plant sale! During both services, May 8th, we’ll be selling beautiful hanging flower pots as a fundraiser for out youth service trip.
- Beach Clean-up: Saturday, May 14th- this event is a collaborative project of our Fellowship Associates and the Religious Education Council, and will be a wonderful day outside helping our community and supporting the work of the Blue Ocean Society.
- Bridging (High School graduating seniors): June 5th at 10am- This is our first Summer schedule service and one that is sure to bring some misty tears as we celebrate another wave of graduates bridging into the welcoming arms of our young adult congregants.
- South Church Yard Sale! Our youth group will be hosting a yard sale in early June to finish up fundraising for their service learning trip to Appalachia. If you find yourself with thrift store donations/sell-able goods, please hold on to it for us! We can take collections this early, but we’ll need donations and customers come June!!