May 2021~ Let’s go Camping!
- Monday, May 2nd: 7:00pm Zoom meeting to plan the upcoming camping trip. If you didn’t get there and you are planning to camp RSVP NO LATER THAN Thursday, May 6!
- Sunday, May 9th: no youth group today
- Friday, May 14th-Sunday, May 16th: Camping Trip! (See details below)
- Saturday, May 22 10:00-11:30 Meet at Urban Forestry Center. Fancy Tea Party, wild games, and a special Bridging activity!
- Memorial Day weekend— Recording final elements for Bridging. Time TBD!
EVERYTHING You Need To Know About Camping:
Drop Off: We will be meeting at Pawtuckaway State Park on Friday, May 14th between 5:30 and 6:30 pm. Group site D in the Youth Group Camping Area. You can see it on THIS MAP (it is the left-most camping area)
All participants must communicate directly with Jen Del Deo or Kirsten Hunter by Thursday, May 6th if you plan to attend.
All participants must complete the following paperwork before arrival:
- Permission form/medical release/Covid Waiver (Parents sign in TWO places for youth under 18. Youth over 18 sign it themselves)
- Behavior Covenant – Parents and youth must sign.
- On Friday, May 14th before arrival, each participant must fill out the online health screening. We will send the link via email to all campers on Thursday evening.
Pick Up: Sunday, May 16th at 10am
Here’s a: Packing List
Covid-19 Risk Mitigation Protocols:
We will be observing the following safety measures during this weekend camping trip:
- Participants will not be transported in staff vehicles except in the case of an emergency. Drop off and Pick up will be at Pawtuckaway State Park
- Each family will be asked to respond to a symptom-screening questionnaire prior to the start of program. Anyone displaying Covid-like symptoms will not be able to attend. If anyone, participant or staff, develops symptoms during the program, they will be sent home.
- Upon arrival, we will conduct temperature checks on all participants and staff.
- Masks will be worn most of the time (whenever maintaining a distance of six feet or more is not possible or practical) Please pack a few extra to change out as needed.
- Hand sanitizer will be used at regular intervals and as needed especially around meal times.
- Sleeping arrangements will be single occupancy*, which require each participant has a small tent or hammock. If you do not have one we have extras available! *Siblings from same household may share a tent.
*If your teen plans to hammock camp, we recommend packing an extra wool blanket to help insulate underneath their sleeping pad and bag.
Communication– Parents, please help us get information to your kids by reading communications yourselves, and checking in with them! Youth– please read, reply, react! We are using the ‘REMIND’ app this year to send group information. Subscribe @scyouth292.