Here’s the February plan:
- Sunday, February 7th: Meet at church in the sanctuary, 11:30a-1:30p to work on worship planning! Bring a water bottle and a snack (to eat outside). Wear a mask. If you can’t come for the whole time, come to whatever part you can!
- Sunday, February 14th: Filming day! In sections, by appointment, details coming.
- Sunday, February 21st: YOUR worship day. We’ll have a watch party to view it together, 10am: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/94596832998
- Sunday February 28th: We’ll meet to play in the snow! Stay tuned for details.
- Friday, March 5th: You are invited to compete in a virtual church-wide, all-ages Chopped event! You may sign up as individuals or household groups. There can be multiple people competing individually in the same household, too. We will supply a package of mystery ingredients that everyone will open together online, and your assignment will be to make creative recipes with those ingredients. Ingredient packages will be available to be picked up, or we can help with delivering to your door. Chopped event will be held on Zoom on Friday, March 5th at 6:00. To participate, you must sign up by Fri, 2/26 by emailing Jen DD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
January Project ~ Beloved Community
Senior Youth group lead a full worship service each year, and this year we will be leading an online service on Sunday, Feb 21st! Our congregation will be exploring the theme of Beloved Community that month, and as we prepare to create our youth-led service, we will each be making a short recording of one person (it can be you, a younger kid at South Church, or an older adult. Your COA mentor would be great!) First talk a bit with the person about what the Beloved Community is (you could watch the MLK jr Video linked below) Then, Record the person answering the following three questions (you give them the prompts, and they answer):
This project was inspired by a similar project of the Episcopal church of Minnesota, and you can see their own version in the links above. You may also find it inspiring to watch Dr. Martin Luther King Jr speak about Beloved Community HERE
When you have made your recording of a South Church person answering the three prompts above, you can upload the file to this Google Drive. Try to have them done by the new year!
Communication– Parents, please help us get information to your kids by reading communications yourselves, and checking in with them! Youth– please read, reply, react! We are using the ‘REMIND’ app this year to send group information. Subscribe @scyouth292.