We will continue to add to the TOP of each of these resource lists.. so if you come back, look at the beginning for new ideas and links!
Corona Kid Times online newspaper for all ages, Created by our South Church friends the Clews family. So cool, check it out!
Creative Kid Ideas:
- Eco Dying at home- with Merrill Comeau For Earth Day- or any day (ICA Boston Website)
- Listen to some readings from poet Nikki Grimes for nat’l poetry month!
- Bright Idea content for kids- on Facebook- has some cool ideas for a sensory walk and much more! You can follow the page 🙂
- Tour Frank Lloyd Wright architecture– new digital tour series!
- Guided (virtual) tour of Frida Kahlo museum!
- Check out this cool art project idea on facebook!
- Shakespeare plays @ Globe theatre- streaming online
- Coloring pages from 100 museums!
- Mindfulness Class for Kids– Tue, Weds, Thurs @10am.
- Chalice Challenge!
- UU Coloring pages (Great for during online worship!)
- Flamingo Rampant Story time every weekday at 10:30am on Facebook live
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- 12 Museums offering Virtual Tours!
- Edible Playdoh recipe!
- Live Broadcasting from the National Aquarium!
- Sparkle Stories- Weekdays at 8pm
- Craft/Garden fun: Making Seed Bombs with Milkweed
This spreadsheet I came across has SO MANY links to SO MANY things… from enrichment, to kid yoga, to story times and so much more. Check it out!!
Some resources for Parent health:
- Great meditation and restoration resources from Sharon Salzberg
- Zumba: Our own Anna Howard is leading zumba classes online! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1678133282472746/?fref=nf
- There are some great ideas in this post by Pippi Kessler: https://medium.com/@PippiKessler/getting-emotionally-organized-in-a-crisis-77501633c1d
- 4 Ways You Can Take Caring Action Around Coronavirus – Even If You’re Overwhelmed
Links for talking about this unfolding crisis:
- Tips for Talking to your children about the pandemic
- and… Resources for Talking to kids about Covid 19
- Children’s Story about Social Distancing: Time to come in, Bear